Sunday, March 27, 2011

What is ministry?

I have been mulling over this question for a few days. I was talking with someone at church about the twins and wondering about their future. One of the musings was would they ever be serving in a ministry. This came up because Jessica had mentioned wanting to get involved with nursery or preschool ministry at church. This dear lady pointed out that the twins already have a ministry. The encourage people with hugs. My girls may never tell someone "good job" or "your a great teacher" or even "God loves you, and so do I." but they show it with their hugs. Not more than a few minutes later I heard someone say to one of the twins, "I was waiting for my hug, I miss your hugs when I don't get one."

That got me to thinking, maybe we over complicate the whole idea of ministry, maybe a hug ministry is just as valid as any other. Yes some forms of ministry are much more complex and require much more training and formality. But who am I to say that God can't use two little girls with special needs, but big hearts to accomplish His purposes. Perhaps that person that they give a hug to gets enough strength for their day, or just a little extra boost. Don't we all need to know we are loved? Don't we all need a hug now and then? So if God wants to use my little love bugs to be His hands, then praise Him. If you are feeling that you aren't qualified to do anything, maybe you can take a note of encouragement from my girls. Do what you can and trust God for the results. And if you are a leader, don't over look those who serve in small ways, God is using them too.
Be blessed, God loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment